Last modified: June 14, 2020
Types Of Information We Collect
Information You Provide Us. While using our Website, including contacting us or applying for a position, we may ask you to provide us with information containing Personal Information. This Personal Information includes but is not limited to your name, e-mail, phone number, address, birth date, and social security number. You may choose not to provide such information; however, the information may be required to complete any job application through the Website.
How We May Use Your Personal Information
We may use the Personal Information we collect:
• To evaluate, recruit, and hire personnel;
• To respond to your inquiries and communicate with you;
• To operate, troubleshoot, and improve the Website;
• To understand how people are using the Website;
• To improve and customize communications and advertisements;
• To comply with applicable laws, regulations, and legal processes; and
• To protect our rights or property, and the security and integrity of our business.
How We May Share Your Personal Information
• SGA may share your Personal Information with third-party service providers that perform services on our behalf, such as webhosting companies, mailing vendors, analytics providers, and information technology providers.
• SGA may disclose aggregate, de-identified information (i.e. stripped of information that identifies you) to third parties in connection with internal analysis or marketing.
• SGA may disclose your Personal Information to service providers, advisors, potential transactional partners, or other third parties in connection with the consideration, negotiation, or completion of a transaction in which SGA is acquired by or merged with another business, or we sell, liquidate, or transfer all or a portion of our assets.
• SGA may otherwise disclose your Personal Information in accordance with your consent.
Your Choices Regarding How We Use And Disclose Your Information
We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However, these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative (”NAI”) on the NAI’s website.
How We Protect Your Personal Information
SGA takes commercially reasonable measures to secure and protect the Personal Information we collect. Nevertheless, no security system is impenetrable. We cannot guarantee the absolute security of your Personal Information. Moreover, we are not responsible for the security of information you transmit to us over networks we do not control, including the Internet and wireless networks.
California Privacy Rights
“Shine the Light”
California’s “Shine the Light” law (Civil Code Section 1798.83) permits users of our Website who are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of Personal Information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. California residents can make such a request by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
The California Consumer Privacy Act provides California residents (“you” in the following section) with additional, specific rights regarding their Personal Information. This section describes (1) the categories of Personal Information, collected and disclosed by SGA, subject to California privacy law, (2) your privacy rights under California privacy law, and (3) how to exercise your rights.
1. Collection and disclosure of categories of Personal information under California privacy law
In accordance with California law, we may have collected the following categories of Personal Information within the preceding 12 months:
• Identifiers (for example, name, postal address, date of birth, email address, and online identifiers);
• Signature, social security number, telephone number, passport number, driver’s license or state identification card number, education, employment, employment history, and other categories of Personal Information as defined by Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80.
• Protected classifications under California or federal law (for example, age, citizenship status, national origin or ancestry);
• Commercial information (for example, purchasing histories);
• Internet or other electronic network activity information, including information on your usage of our Site;
• Geolocation data;
• Professional or employment-related information;
• Education information; and
• Inferences drawn from any information identified above.
We may collect or process the above categories for all purposes listed in the above section titled, How We May Use Your Personal Information, in line with applicable law.
SGA obtains all the categories of Personal Information listed above from at least one of the following categories of sources:
• Directly from you. For example, from forms you complete such as job applications; and
• Indirectly from you. For example, observing your actions on our Website.
2. Your privacy Rights Under California Law
Under California law, subject to certain exceptions, California residents have the following rights with respect to their Personal Information:
Access to specific information. You have the right to request information on the categories of Personal Information that we collected in the past 12 months, the categories of sources from which the Personal Information was collected, the specific pieces of Personal Information we have collected about you, and the business purpose for which such Personal Information is collected and shared. You also have the right to request information on the categories of Personal Information which were disclosed for business purposes, and the categories of third parties which we shared information in the 12 months preceding your request.
Deletion Request rights. You have the right to request that SGA delete any of your Personal Information that we collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable request, which may require collection of additional information from you, we will delete and direct our service providers to delete your Personal Information from our records, unless an exception applies. We may deny your deletion request if retaining the information is necessary for us or our service provider(s) to:
• Complete the transaction for which we collected the Personal Information, provide a good or service that you requested, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you;
• Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities;
• Debug the Website to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality;
• Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act (Cal. Penal Code § 1546 et. seq.);
• Comply with a legal obligation; or
• Make other internal and lawful uses of that information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it.
3. How to Enforce your California Privacy Rights
If you would like to exercise your rights listed above, please send an email to email@example.com or call us toll-free at (866) 651-3027. You have a right not to receive discriminatory treatment by any business when you exercise your California privacy rights.
While we take measures to ensure that those responsible for receiving and responding to your requests are informed of your rights and how to help you exercise those rights, when contacting us to exercise your rights, we ask you to please adhere to the following guidelines:
Tell us which right you are exercising. Specify which right you want to exercise and the Personal Information to which your request relates (if not to you). If you are acting on behalf of another, please clearly indicate this fact and your authority to act on such consumer’s behalf.
Help us verify your identity. Provide us with information to verify your identify. Please note that if we cannot initially verify your identity, we may request additional information to complete the verification process. Any Personal Information you disclose to us for purposes of verifying your identity will solely be used for the purpose of verification.
Direct Our Response Delivery. Please provide us with an e-mail or mailing address through which we can provide our response. If you make the request by email, unless otherwise requested, we will assume that we can respond to the email address from which you made the request.
Only you, or a person registered with the California Secretary of State that you authorize to act on your behalf, may make a verifiable request related to your Personal Information. You may also make a verifiable request on behalf of your minor child. You may only make a verifiable request for access to specific information twice within a 12-month period.
We endeavor to respond to a verifiable request within forty-five (45) days of its receipt. If we require more time, we will inform you of the reason and extension period.
We do not charge a fee to process or respond to your verifiable request unless it is excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded. If we determine that the request warrants a fee, we will tell you why we made that decision and provide you with a cost estimate before completing your request.
We do not knowingly solicit or collect Personal Information online from children under the age of 13. Please contact us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org if you believe we may have collected such information without parental or guardian consent.